The importance of meditation by has been overlooked by many little wonder, paths to success as many says it’s rough. Excuse making is a common behavior among many today and most times, people make more excuses that make no sense. The easiest way to avoid any challenge is by making an excuse instead of finding reasonable solutions to the problems confronting them in their studies, business.
Those among them, who cannot find any excuses, formulate some to justify their lateness to school, work, and absence in class, poor study habits and performance among others. Excuse making does not facilitate progress but tend to bring backwardness; it is usually a way of exonerating oneself from essential necessities of labor and in the process neglect the powerhouse of productivity – the brain.
There will be always a way out of any problem if we desist from finding or making an excuse, it is better to make a way to progress and prosperity in life than to make an excuse why we cannot make progress bringing meditation into limelight.
“Meditation state is a place of deep relaxation where you can pinpoint the things you do and to set a paradigm shift switch from effect to cause. So how to be a cause in your own life “ – Roseanne Barr
What cardio exercises do for the heart, meditation does for the brain. And the more you exercise your brain, the better results it will yield. Mindful meditation works towards strengthening the brain and therefore enhancing its functioning. For the uninitiated; mindful meditation represents that state of mind where you are completely aware of the present. It’s a state of living in the now. So how does mindful meditation help increase productivity?
- EMBRACES GOOD HEALTH: Meditation helps the body to balance its neurochemical system, thus improving emotional health. When you are in control of your emotions, you are automatically more productive. The more you meditate, the more you become healthy and the synergy to work is embraced.
- REDUCES STRESS AND ANXIETY: The deepest fear we have, is the ‘fear beneath all fears’ is the fear of not measuring up, the fear of judgment, it’s this fear that creates the stress and depression of everyday life. Every human experience stress, no two individual have same reaction to stress although some still have confidence on their self that they cannot break down prior to stress. Nevertheless, stress could be caused by intensive work in our office, home, bad eating habits, pollution, and lethargy among others. So, it is important to fight against stress before it bogs you down. In fact, meditation is one of the antidotes of stress. Another way meditation reduces stress instantly is by making the brain calmer and reducing the adrenaline rush in the body.
- BUILD FOCUS: Meditation is a tool that improves focus and in turn keeps you on track. Human taught are scattered all over and therefore takes starter lot of discipline to practice and consciously meditate. Focus ideally gets you started and it’s often seen as the right step and the interplay is always beneficial.
The better you get at focusing on the object of your choice, the better you will get at meditating. And the more you meditate, the better you will get at meditating and the more you meditate, the better your ability to focus gets. A study conducted at the University of Washington on a group of people highlights the effect of meditation on focus. The group was divided into three subgroups, where one subgroup was made to undertake an 8 week-long mindful meditation course. All the subgroups were asked to go about their daily task, but the group that underwent meditation training showed a higher level of focus by switching less frequently between tasks. This is significantly evident that meditation induces focus.
- IMPROVES MEMORY: Meditation improves memory and IQ, when an individual exercise his/her brain it leads to deliberate advancement in thinking and most times it leads to new ideas, innovation and creativity.
The cortex in the brain is responsible for storing facts, learning, and sharp memory, and the more you exercise this outer cortex, the bigger it gets. It’s no secret that memory and brain power can change the face of your career. From improved performance to taking sound decisions on the go, a healthier brain leads to higher productivity and efficiency.
Let me take you a bit into some easy meditation techniques which am sure has a great deal of benefit to help your meditation.
- MEDITATION MUSIC: Am sure many would be wondering how meditation brings into light music. Music is a powerful tool, personally I call it a universal language and it has various attestation conquering needs. With music, meditation can be achieved and harnessed besides videos; there are specific meditation music podcasts that you can easily get on the web. Actually meditation techniques are subjective, some people favor these meditation audios while some say listening to jazz or even acoustic music is meditative for them. You have to find your fit, make your choice and get going.
- EASY BREATHING TECHNIQUE: This is the best and simple option for beginners. One technique is to concentrate on your breath and count them up to 100, or go below as the case may be depends on your choice.
- SELF-HYPNOSIS VIDEOS: These videos are easy to come by and well suited for both beginners and practitioners. This video contain beautiful shots and pictures of nature like waterfall, green trees, and birds that are soothing to the brain and is an excellent relaxation technique when coupled with the audio giving guide to relaxation, positive thinking, self-expression among others and can be downloaded from YouTube and the likes.
The benefits of meditation are numerous and cannot be underemphasized. The challenge is now posed to all- If the most successful people can devote more than 2 hours per day to meditating, you and I can definitely start with committing to 10 minutes of daily meditation. Meditation is a pill to good success and productivity.
The post MEDITATION: THE DYNAMITE TO GOOD SUCCCESS AND PRODUCTIVITY appeared first on Aphroden.com.