As we prepare for the testimonial match of Nigerian football legend, Joseph Yobo, we look back at his moments in football reflected in photos which clearly shows how much this Rivers-state born loved the game.
- Yobo football career began in the year 1996. He was barely 16 when he played for club Michellin-Harcourt. In 1997, he joined the Standard Liége Club and this marked the start of his professional senior football career. The former Nigeria international defender made his Super Eagles debut against Zambia in a 2002 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier on 24 March, 2001 in Chingola, Zambia.
- Joseph Yobo was a member of the Nigeria National Team(the Super Eagles) from the year 2001 to 2014. During this period, he made 101 FIFA international appearances. This qualified him as the record appearance holder for the Super Eagles capping 100+ appearances with the Eagles which included three Fifa World Cups and six Afcon tournaments and leading Nigeria to victory in his last outing in South Africa.
- His current net worth is estimated to be more than N8 million, and that is above 48 million US Dollars. As at 2014, his salary was a whooping €800 000.
- In 2007, Yobo established the Joseph Yobo Charity Foundation to help under-privileged children in Nigeria. By July 18 2007, he had handed out over 300 scholarship awards ranging from primary to university level. Yobo also started a football academy in the Ogoni region of Nigeria.
- He is married to ex-beauty Queen, Adaeze Igwe with a son, Joey.
The post Man of The Week: Joseph Yobo’s Football Moments in Photos appeared first on Aphroden.com.