A lot of the time, people, mostly ladies, say they’ve moved on from the hurt of their last relationship when in reality, they have not. Here are ways to tell if you REALLY have moved on or not. You have not moved on with your life when:
- You think of the person most of the time, even when you don’t want to.
- You keep reliving past memories with him/her, usually the happy/sweet ones.
- You still wonder why the relationship didn’t turn out right, whether the blame should go to you, him or the circumstances.
- The thought/sight of him/her triggers certain emotional reactions, such as aversion, anxiety, frustration, resignation.
- You passionately keep trying to improve yourself because you don’t feel you were good enough for him/her.
- You have a burning desire to make him or her regret breaking up and leaving the relationship.
- The person comes up a lot in your conversations, even when there is absolutely no need for it.
- You keep wanting to contact the person even when you promised never to.
- You find yourself living out the same patterns. A very common example would be on and off relationships with that person. Or being in relationships with other people and repeating the same cycle from your last relationship. This simply reflects that you have not moved on, that there’s a part of you entrenched in the past which is making the same situation re-enact itself, just with a different person.
- You find yourself rating your next partner using the standards of the previous one forgetting that each individual is different.
Basically, if you can relate to any of these signs, then you most probably haven’t moved on and you should so that you can be in charge of your life again.