I'm sure by now you've realized leather isn't just for rock stars, biker chicks and rebels any more. I'm also aware that this realization doesn't necessarily make you any less wary of the trend. I say it's time to break out of the restrictive mindset holding us back and embrace leather as the versatile and fun (albeit edgy) fabric that it is! Leather comes in a variety of colours and can be luxe when worn correctly. Leather is the trend of the season! I can’t let you sit back and allow it pass you by because it’s a bit uncomfortable to wear sometimes and a bit on the pricey side. Want to incorporate leather into your wardrobe this season? Here are a couple of ways how. [caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="236"] Source: Pinterest[/caption]
- In love with leather? Then a leather moto jacket should definitely be a wardrobe staple and your go-to coat this season. A moto jacket instantly adds flare and drama to your daytime outfits and shows off your tough-girl, edgy side on a night out.
- Incorporating leather into your wardrobe is definitely a brilliant idea, but you don’t want to over-do it. The easiest way to pull this off is with accessories: a) You could carry a leather clutch or larger bag b) Leather belts will do the trick as well. c) Make a big statement with jewelry with small leather accents. - a studded leather cuff bracelet or a necklace or pair of earrings with a touch of leather should do it.
- I love booties!!! I’ve ordered several leather ones to rock this season. I can’t get enough of them, mostly because they’re a really nice and subtle way to add a pop of leather to virtually any day or night look. I guess is should also point out you can’t go wrong with almost any other leather shoes. Looking to make a statement? Then opt for a bolder, more edgy look by choosing leather shoes in unique colors or stud embellishments.
- I understand that sometimes you want to be subtle sometimes, and I appreciate this. I really do. To do this with leather, look for clothing with just a hint of the material. When shopping, look out for shirts and sweaters that have leather accents either in the capped sleeves, elbow-pads, pockets or even in the collar. Dress shopping? Go for those with leather paneling down the sides or those adorable ones with peplum embellishments.
- This one is for the ladies who don’t care about the potential slight discomfort and just want to make a massive statement. Your options are limitless - leather skirts, high-waisted shorts, faux leather leggings and leather dresses. It’s always easier to go with black leather, but why not be more outlandish this season? Shop items in a deep red leather or another haute color. It’s important to remember that you should only have one or two really big statement pieces in this material in your closet and also, try not to accessorize you leather outfits with more leather.
- Let leather pants replace your skinny jeans this season. Leather pants add edge to your look whether it’s day or night and give you a break from the contemporary jeans. If you’re not a fan of skinny, you can opt for looser fits as well.
- For the working ladies who want to try this trend out at work but aren’t really sure how, the answer to your question is – Skirts. Try leather pencil skirts in colors other than black for a classy look and even skater skirts in leather will do the trick for you as well.