Twitter has been awash lately with Nigerian food. From people mentioning food combinations they discovered to people blocking others because they don’t like the same food.
But for people like me who deosn’t even know the first thing when it comes to cooking (I can burn cereal) here are some Food Recipe Blogs I found that can help us on our way to culinary glory.
- AllNigerianFoods.com: This blog is very easy to use with all the food categorised and easy to find. Run by Chy Anegbu, the food posted are in their natural form with no fancy cutlery and stuff and that makes it very relatable. She also includes tips & tricks she learnt along the way. With an ebook on the market, the blog has gone beyond just blogging but into a full foodie business.
- DobbysSignature.com: Dobby’s Signature is a Nigerian culinary and Lifestyle blog focused on showcasing Nigerian dishes, Exploring Traditional/continental food recipes and Flavors with strong emphasis on Photography, Diversity, Vibrant colors and Health benefits. Here you will find Day to Day Nigerian recipes and pictures with some infusions from other parts of the Globe. The blog also features a lifestyle section known as Street foodie waka where the host “Dobby” explores meals outside the walls of her kitchen. This includes Foodie Adventures, Product reviews, Events, Restaurant reviews and a host of others.
- 9jafoodie.com: This blog is run by Ronke Edoho who is a Certified Nutrition and Clinical Weight Loss specialist and the author of the cookbook Lose It Nigerian. Her recipes are rooted in tradition & often presented with a little modern flair. Traditional African recipes have a tendency to appear complicated, heral with this blog is to simplify them as much as possible. With the new recipes she creates, the aim is that they serve a purpose beyond appeal.
- afrolems.com: Afrolems is an African food blog with a specialization in Nigerian Food. Their main focus is to stylize African food so it can be internationalized. They aim to educate their followers with kitchen tips, Cooking Know-hows and interesting recipes from all over Africa and just modifications of recipes from other cultures. They also like to play with foreign recipes as well.
- mybelledonfull.com: Based in Lagos, Nigeria, My Belle Don Full is a place where Madam Chef shares her Nigerian food exploits. Food, recipe development, travel and photography are her passions (in no particular order) and you’ll find a bit of each right here.