Have you seen Play na Play by Omawumi? This is the guy who was going on and on with paint all over her melanin soaked skin!
Laolu Senbajo is an artist in every sense of the word. He creates art with his brush, his hands, pen and his voice.
This young artist was born and raised in Ilorin, Nigeria. According to him, he was first a lawyer before he became a full time artist. Can you imagine all that good stuff wasted in a suit and a drab robe in a boring courtroom?
Watch Laolu perform his magic on a Ghanaian musician, Azizaa filmed by Mariona Lloreta
Here are five (5) things we know about him so far:
- He calls his Art, Afromysterics, a term he coined in 2007, which means, the mystery of the African thought pattern.
- His work is heavily influenced by his Yoruba heritage and often related to his environment.
- He claims to be a self-taught Visual Artist and his preferred medium is charcoal.
- His art bears direct influence on his music and vice versa.
- He currently shuffles between Nigeria and Brooklyn, New York.