Ever wondered when the first picture was taken? Apparently the first camera invented took about 8 hours to take a single picture, and it was barely visible and black and white!
The Interactive Design Institute have decided to make a visual guide showing the history of photography. Here are some other interesting facts you probably didnt know about:
- The first ever photograph was taken in 1839
- First colour photograph EVER printed was made in 1861 (that’s about 152 years ago!)
- The first ever “portable” digital camera weighed almost 4kg and was the size of an A4 paper in 1975
- Kodak created the first ever “miniature” point-and-shoot camera
- First time a picture was uploaded online was in 1992
- The first commercially available mobile phone with an integrated camera is the J-SH04 introduced by J-Phone in 2000
- The almighty INSTAGRAM was first launched in 2010, allowing people to edit and share photos easily without the hassle of learning any photoshop tricks. Since then, smartphones account for over 1/4 of all photos taken worldwide
So the question is, do you think its the beginning of the end for proper cameras?