There are a lot of things men wish women knew about them. You know, if you could enter into the heart of the guy you’re in a relationship with, I’m pretty sure every relationship would last forever. But the truth is the less we know about our men, the more likely it is to do things that they just might not like. So here are a few things men want women to know about them that will go as far as helping the little emotions they express.
- They can only do one thing at a time – Get this: women are multi-taskers, men are not. This is most probably the reason men can tell you about their day as you cook dinner in the kitchen while you’re thinking about the best approach to the assignment from your boss and the best outfit to wear to that event coming up…oh and the children and running around and distracting your attention, but somehow you still manage to get a handle on every part. This might work for women, but sadly does not work for men. They face one task at a time. The best way to handle this is to let them know when you need their undivided attention so they give it to you and there are no qualms anywhere. If they can’t, they’ll most likely just tell you they’re doing something else.
- They appreciate the little things – You don’t have to go out of your way or pocket to please your man at all. Men are very simple creatures so it doesn’t have to be anything massive. It could be as meaningful as an affirming word, as creative as cooking his favourite meal, or as simple as seeing a clean basket of his folded laundry. They basically appreciate the small things more than any woman would ever imagine.
- Don’t mistake their kindness for weakness – We’ve all heard of those women who are attracted to the “bad guys”. Our culture paints the picture of excitement and fun in relationships with these seemingly “tough guys”. What needs to be realized among our culture at large is that there is immeasurable strength and courage in a man with a kind heart. Compassion, kindness, and tenderness are signs of nothing but true masculinity, and it is these kinds of “boring men” that make the most amazing husbands- the ones that love, give, and sacrifice to the very last breath.
- They care less about looks than you think – as much as men like their women to look good, looks are not all they care about and it is definitely not their priority in a woman. From what I’ve, men see women as most beautiful in the most natural form of themselves. They don’t need the frills, sparkles and scents but they don’t mind them. And they definitely don’t care about the bags, the shoes, or the nails but they don’t mind them either. At the end of the day, a real man is not looking for the most beautiful woman in the world, but for the one who will make his world most beautiful.
- The worst thing you can do is put them down – Criticism is a man’s worst nightmare. Deep down, all men are like little boys- trying to please the primary woman in their life. They want to please her, and they hold their head up high as she looks into their eyes with a look of approval and delight. The one thing that can snuff out their joy in a moment’s notice- is to put them down. To notice the things they aren’t doing, aren’t saying, and aren’t completing- instead of notice all of the good things that they are. They’d rather you appreciate them for the ones they’ve done but even if criticism is necessary, which it is sometimes, it is better done in love than with hostility.
- They think a woman’s most attractive quality is her confidence – There is nothing more attractive to a man than a woman who can hold her head up high, believing the good things about who God has made her to be. Because a woman of confidence is aware that she is valuable, there is no need to flirt around or flaunt her stuff. Though most men will tell you it’s important to be attracted to their significant other, the truth is, attraction always runs deep. And the thing about confidence is that a woman will never truly believe that a man thinks she’s beautiful, until she actually believes it for herself. True confidence cannot be replaced.
- They want to be your friend and your lover – Just as much as women don’t want to play “mommy” to their man- a man doesn’t want to be treated like a child. Men want to be loved by feeling respected, and treated that way. They want to know that you are by their side not to take care of them, but to be there for and with them. Most men are looking for a woman to laugh with, to play with, and to enjoy life with. They are looking for a best friend to marry, and a loyal partner to love for life. So give your man some credit, and treat him like the equal partner you expect him to be–he just might live up to it.
Whoa!!! That was refreshing as far as knowledge of the ‘so-called’ simple men. If we ladies can observe these things, the emotions and love of our men would definitely run deeper than deep.