It's Valentine again and as usual, it's that time of the year where love is in the air. The feast of Saint Valentine is celebrated all over the world. While there are a lot of martyrdom stories about the early Christian saint, Valentinus, the most prominent is that which said he was imprisoned for perfoming weddings for soilders who were forbidden to marry. During Valentinus' imprisonment, he healed the daughter of his jailer, Asterius and before his execution, he wrote her a leter which he ended with "Your Valentine" as farewell. Today, all over the world, lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, confectionary, greeting cards, etc. Basically, a lover is expected to go the extra mile on this day. Symbols used include the heart-shaped outline, doves and the figure of the winged cupid. If you're not so careful, you can end up spending a year's fortune just to please your lover in the spirit of Valentine and so here are a few tips to have a not so expensive Valentine and still impress your lover.
- Adventure - Do something different. Go somewhere you haven't been before, that recreational centre you hear about on the radio, now's a perfect time to make a reservation. You can also try out a picnic - just enjoy each other's company.
- Suprise - You, as a guy probably doesn't cook on a normal basis. You can surprise her by cooking her favorite meal and doing something extra, maybe a bottle of wine (so you can both be drunk in love). Do well to get a recipe off the internet or better still a cookery book.
- Dining out - You can have dinners if you wish and go the extra mile, to spend quality time in a hotel room. Let the dinner out be different - you can get old pictures and reminisce and laugh at how funky you used to be. Talk about how you guys met too and end it with a kiss.
- Buy him/her a special gift - Boxes of chocolates are eaten and go out of the body via excretion but that shoe or dress stays as long as it fits the lover. He must have been talking about some item he wants before Valentine, get one for him maybe.
- Spice up your sex life - *clears throat* Now this is not so cheesy, but you can get some red balloons, candies, candles and roses and treat your room to a make over for Valentine night. And then, the rest isn't really our business. Just make it special and beautiful.
- Write a poem/send a beautiful text - Words melt the heart you know? You can write a poem or a love letter or a text message to your lover and tell him/her how much you love him/her and pour away all the mushiness in it. Let him know why you're with him amidst others, and why you're not letting him go.